My dog has big chunks of dandruff on her coat after brushing her!

She's been on a grain-free diet for the past 2 years with no success, and when I bathe her (only 4-5x a year)I use moisturizing shampoos. Nothing has helped! Is there anything I can use to help rid her of this dry, flaky skin?

Asked by Member 1107620 on Apr 25th 2012 Tagged flaky, dandruff in Other Grooming

Answers

Fish Oil? Coconut Oil?

Shasta

paldog.com has great stuff that works very well on my dog when she gets flaky itchy skin. I also feed my dogs fish oil. Flax seed oil & coconut oil are also great though.

Best Regards! =D

Shasta answered on 4/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If your dog has spent slit if time indoors and now that it is nice out he us outside more. He may just be getting rid of a lot of that skin and coat that kept them warm during the winter. My boy does thus but after we get it brushed out he us good the rest of the year

Petri

As the first post said you can try adding in coconut oil to her food every day. Or let her lick some off a spoon. For a topical spray, I personally love PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic, Non Toxic, and is amazing at helping with itchy spots/dry skin/bumps/etc. I use it for everything! You can spray it directly onto the dry, flaky areas and it will help moisturize. Smells good too! Hope this helps.

Petri answered on 5/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer