My dog has been neutered for over 2 years and everyday he gets hard balls golf ball size Is this normal ?

The Vet said they would do this at first but is has been 2 years and I am afraid of cancer

Asked by Member 820833 on Mar 29th 2009 Tagged nuetreddogswells in Health & Wellness

Answers

I never heard of that.
He should not have any testes at all. There should not be anything there resembling balls, testes.
I would get second opinion. My vet leaves the skin on down there but removes the testes.
I would try another vet, that's strange.

I think I know what you're talking about.
The "hard balls" is part of the penis swelling. There are two glands, the bulbis glandis I believe it's called, at the base of the penis that swell and look almost like testicles when they do so.
This is normal, and happens when something stimulates the penis.

My dog gets it too.

My neutered dog gets it too and it's totally normal.

Peter Louis

My dog gets this, too. Usually quite normal in dogs neutered or not. Watch closely though how they behave while they have the swelling. If the dog does not move for a period of time you may want to go in for urinalysis. Mine was having this swelling of the bulbous gland and penis shaft more frequently then usual. Just picked him up today from having bladder stone removal surgery. I think that he was stimulated, but by the pain of the stones trying to pass.

Peter Louis answered on 3/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer