my dog has an open sore on her bum what could it be?

Asked by Member 711865 on Aug 20th 2008 Tagged sore, bum in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Sometimes dogs gets sores that we have no idea about how they got there.
I can't see it over the internet, but you should take her to the vet.

Theodore aka Teddy  **CGC**

without a picture it is hard, but I had a dog once who suddenly had an open sore on his rear as well--turned out he had a burst anal sac. Regardless of what the sore is, it is probably best to have it checked out since open wounds can get infected easily--especially on that part of the dog!

Theodore aka Teddy **CGC** answered on 8/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You will need to repost with more information so that we can give you better answers.

What breed of dog?
Where is the sore located?

This could be a wide variety of things, including a perianal fistula. I would recommend having your dog examined (and treated) by a veterinarian.