my dog has always scratched since being a pup, she does it even more now. i treat her for fleas, i check her regualy and

my dog is a yorkshire terrier x minature jack russel, ive had her since she was a pup and had her to vets and she was fine, every dog scratches i know but lately mine does it all the time i have checked her for fleas and treat her often for that i see no trace of fleas/ticks but i have just checked her again and seen a black bug its a bit smaller than a fly, im not sure when i will be able to get her to the vets could you help

Asked by Member 1134760 on Oct 8th 2012 in Grooming

Answers

She may be allergic to something in her food. Have you tried changing it? Use something with less/no grain and less filler. Good Luck!

Petri

I would give her a good bath with a hypoallergenic shampoo. One that I personally love is PETfection Puppy Suds because it is designed to help with dry skin and fur. It smells great and is really gentle which is great for a sensitive dog. I love how quickly it cleans and how easily it rinses. I hate thick shampoo's that make you rinse and rinse and rinse (if you don't rinse it all out it causes more itchiness and dandruff). You might try some and see if it helps; they also offer a Deodorizer/Allergy Spray you could use in between baths. If she continues to itch, she may have a food allergy and you would have to switch her. I'd try the topical treatments first though before spending weeks changing the food before seeing if it helps or not. Good luck!

Petri answered on 10/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer