my dog has a swollen area around her whisker. Should I pull it? It was dry so I put vit E oil on and now its softer.

Its softer after the vit E oil but still red and does not seem to be itchy. Might be painful because she objects to the oil being applied. I am unable to see a vet about this issue.

Asked by Member 1064035 on Oct 17th 2011 in Skin Problems

Best Answer

She might have an ingrown hair or a pimple (dogs can get acne). I would suggest using a warm, wet washcloth and hold it on the bump for several minutes. Do this a few times a day. It will act as a hot compress and hopefully reduce the swelling. You can also mix in a little lavender essential oil with your warm water and then soak it into the washcloth. Lavender is excellent at soothing, reducing inflammation, and blocking out infection. Another option is using witch hazel in your warm water. It works as a toner and will help ease the pain, but isn't as overall affective as lavender. I hope this helps! Good luck.

Wyatt answered on Oct 17th.

Answers

Belle

If it doesn't get better in a week or so it may need medical attention. Belle had a bump on the top of her foot. It got bigger, we went to the vet. It had to be cut open, cleaned, and treated with antibiotics. It had gotten something in there and gotten infected. I hope it isn't that bad for your dog.

Belle answered on 10/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer