My dog has 2 reddish bumps on his upper lip.

My dog has a couple of red bumps that formed along the bottom of his upper lip. I've seen alot of different suggestions for what it could be. I'll be running him by the vet in the morning no matter what, but if someone would be able to tell me their just pimples and put my mind at ease, that would be a big relief. He is 3 and as far as I know never had any pimples. Here are the pictures. Thank you for your time.

www.flickr.com

www.flickr.com

Asked by Member 1142994 on Nov 29th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

I'm not sure. Your vet would be the best person to diagnose. Please repost when you find out. We would love an update. Good Luck!

Is your dog eating in a plastic bowl? That is one of the common reasons why they get those red bumps on lips. Try feeding them on a a metal or glass bowl and to, of course, wash it with antibacterial soap after every use. Also wash his face twice a day with a mild antibacterial soap to clean the affected area.