My dog had worms before and went to the vet three months later he has them again what can I do to get rid of them

My dog has worms again he went to the vet and got rid of them and three months later ther in his poop what do I do? What's the best why to get rid of them?

Asked by Member 1128150 on Aug 28th 2012 in Worms & Parasites

Answers

He must have not gotten completely rid of them the first time or he's been reinfected. What kind of worms were they? Some can stay in the soil for years and reinfect your dog over and over. I would have him re-wormed and talk to your vet about prevention and how he may have gotten them. Good Luck with him.

Regularly deworm him. I have clients come in every day declining dewormer for their dogs then wonder why they have worms a month later. Since he has them now, get him dewormed and then repeat it in two weeks. Its likely that he will have bowel movements more frequently and possibly diarrhea. If those symptoms continue after you repeat the dewormer, doing further diagnostics may be necessary. To keep your dog dewormed regularly, it should be done every 6 months. What makes it nice is that its only a few dollars :)
I hope this helps! :)

Beauty and Nala

Do you use a good anti flea product? In some cases your dog will get worms from swallowing fleas. Give him a bath in blue dawn ( the original) wash his bedding in hot water with blue dawn as well to kill fleas. If you live in a cold area set his stuff out side for a day that will kill them to.

Beauty and Nala answered on 11/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer