my dog growls at her new born puppies what should i do?

Asked by Member 630989 on May 8th 2008 in Puppies

Answers

Haus R.I.P. my boy I miss you

She should be watched very closely bacause there are times when the mothers do kill their pups.It doesn't happen often but it does happen.Just keep an eye on her

Haus R.I.P. my boy I miss you answered on 5/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

This sounds like a first-time litter for her. This isn't common, but usually happens the most with first-time mothers.
You may have to take the puppies away and hand-raise them yourself.
Here's an article on taking care of puppies:
www.chelsea

Please spay your dog after this litter is given away, which should be AFTER the puppies turn 8 weeks old. Our page explains why.

Just like people some dogs just don't make good mothers, if that is the case I wouldn't breed her again. Sometimes it is the first litter and sometimes it's just she has not interest in caring for her young. I would probably just get her fixed when the puppies are old enough to leave. Um is she letting them feed? If not I would talk to your vet and find out if there is another dog in the area that just gave birth that would let them eat. If not and your dog doesn't let them eat you will need to take over. Just a tip.