My dog got neutered yesterday and he hasn't gone to the bathroom since.

My dog got neutered yesterday and he hasn't gone to the bathroom since. I believe he tried but only a little amount of white stuff came out on his penis, is that normal? Is it possible it's from his medication? I forgot to mention one of his testicles didn't drop and so they made an extra incision under his stomach.

Asked by Member 1185011 on Aug 10th 2013 Tagged neutered in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Has he drank any water? Make sure he drinks water, or he will require an IV of fluids at the vet. Sometimes animals will avoid water after anasthesia because they feel nauseous. If your dog refuses to drink for more than another day, bring him in again to be looked at because something is not right. I am not sure why you got him back the same day, but they should have kept him overnight for at least a whole day to give him a clean bill of heath before he came home to you. ^_^