my dog got kicked by a horse this morning in the face now his nose is bleeding any advice or is nose bleeds normal for d

Asked by Member 1016089 on Dec 18th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Blue

NOSE BLEEDS ARE NOT NORMAL FOR DOGS!!...vet ASAP!!.. this happened to krypto one day in the morning.. VET VET VET!..

He could broken his jaw or something..

Blue answered on 12/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Imagine how bad a broken nose is when it's that large....OUCH.

Doggy needs X-rays to rule out a broken bone

❤  Sadie ❤

He may have a broken jaw which is very serious please take him to the vet it is not normal to have nose bleeds

❤ Sadie ❤ answered on 12/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Horses can do some pretty dang bad damage, he needs a vet.

Wow, this absolutely blows me away.
Head trauma and broken bones are likely for your dog. He needs to see a vet ASAP.
Dogs hide pain VERY well, and trust me he's in PAIN.
If YOU were kicked in the face, would YOU seek medical attention????? Of course you would.

Jazzy

I definitely agree with Deogie. If it was me, i would of taken my dog straight to the vet after it happened. I have horses. I've never been kicked but my 17.5 hand friesian has stepped on my foot before. A small horse can be a couple hundred pounds and the largest horses can get up to 2,000 pounds. Your dog can have serious trauma done to his brain, jaw, snout etc. There can be internal bleeding in the skull, face etc. Take your dog to the vet immediately

Jazzy answered on 12/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Also in agreement with Deogie.

If this were my dog, there's no way you'd catch me on Dogster taking the precious minutes away from getting him proper medical treatment.

Bottom line: this dog was seriously injured. He could have much more internal damage (and likely DOES) than just what you can see like the nose bleed. I can guarantee you he's in pain and suffering and it's your obligation, your responsibility to him to get him seen by a vet IMMEDIATELY. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Right now.

Anything less is not only irresponsible it's neglect.