Guest

My dog got into our cupcakes! Is it safe for him? He ate 4 full size cupcakes.

He is a great Pyrenees puppy. About 70 lbs already. Yes they were chocolate cupcakes w/ strawberry icing.


Asked by Member 829582 on Apr 23rd 2009 in Other Food & Nutrition
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Theodore aka Teddy  **CGC**

A few questions to help answer this question:

1) how big is your dog?
2) was there chocolate on/in these cupcakes?

If there was not chocolate, and it was just sugar and other things, it will probably just give your dog a bad tummy ache.

If there was chocolate, it might be more serious, especially if your dog is small.

If you are really concerned, I would call your vet, or a local emergency vet to see what they say.


Theodore aka Teddy **CGC** answered on 4/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Aster

I highly doubt there would be enough chocolate in 4 chocolate cupcakes to bother a 70 pound puppy. I think my Zeke weighed about 20 pounds when half a Hershey bar didn't phase him. Yes chocolate is dangerous, but as in the other thread, it takes a real slug of it. If there were raisins or Xylitol in them, I would call the vet.


Aster answered on 4/23/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Guest

4 chocolate cupcakes might give him a stomach ache but he'll be fine...There's not enough chocolate in cupcakes to seriously hurt or kill him.


Member 73926 answered on 4/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Suzie

If your dog is okay now you should have nothing to worry about.
Sometimes it depends on the dog. Choloclate is toxic but some dogs can just handle it.

My dog got into a full box of Raisn brain the first night she came home from the shelter . She's okay. She just didn't poop for 2 days.

Still watch in any change of behavoir in gen.


Suzie answered on 4/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer