My dog gets scared when I leave him he shakes and Cries. How do I help Him ?

I dont keep him in kenel, he goes in yard and house all day. When I leave he starts to shake and crie Like he was abused. I have had him sence he was born So I know he was not abused - ( my brothers dog had him ) How can I help him from being comfortable when I leave????

Asked by Member 477599 on Sep 9th 2008 in Puppies

Answers

Buddy

Its a clear case of seperation anxiety.
Try buying him a good sized kennel and kennel him when you leave. Also put a sheet over the kennel and leave a TV on .

Buddy answered on 9/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Separation anxiety is very prominent in dogs who are not crated and who are an only dog. The best thing that you can do for him is get him a crate. This will provide him with a feeling of being safe and secure, and will prevent his brain from wandering into an anxious state. The crate acts as a den for your dog, and he will naturally fall asleep. Has he ever been in a crate before, you will need to teach him how and make it a positive experience for him. Make sure there is something on the bottom to provide padding. You can even keep something in there that has your scent as well. No food, but a small amount of water will be okay. Make sure that the crate is covered when you leave him. This will help his brain to relax and help him to sleep when he is in there. The crate should also be proportional to his size - if it is too large, he will be able to wander, and it could cause him to become anxious. Please message me if you have questions or need further assistance. Id be glad to help