My dog eats any bedding.. pillows, blankets, towels). Is there any doggy pillow that dogs can't chew up

Asked by Member 1024822 on Feb 26th 2011 in Beds

Answers

Saydi Sue.

Saydi does the same. It is said that they cannot chew through a KONG bed. They are expensive but worth it. I plan on getting one for Saydi soon off of PetSmart. I can't even have Saydi sleep in my bed with me because she'll eat my whole bed and pee everywhere..
Erg, I wanted a sleepover every night of my life -.-

Saydi Sue. answered on 2/26/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Halo

For Sadi, back to square one with crate and potty training. For chewing, again, training and redirecting to acceptable chews.

Yes it can be done. I have a nine week old wolf hybrid 100% housebroken and I trust him not to chew anything except his chews. I do leave him with three to choose from each night, three he does not get during the day. An extreme Kong filled with puppy formula Kong Stuff, A Purina Busy Bone, and either an edible Nylabone chew or a chopped rawhide chew.

During the day he gets a variety of other chews but never those, that makes them special treats for bed time and, he bounces happily into his crate for the night because of it.

Halo answered on 2/26/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If she's a puppy over three months, she may be teething. If she's over six months of age, your dog is probably chewing things because she is bored.

In either case, you need to redirect the behavior to something that is meant for her to chew on and give her something to occupy her mind. Play with her and find ways to challenge her mind, teach her tricks, look into doing some dog sports (you can do some of them at home if you like), etc--anything that will give her mental exercise.
Make sure she's getting plenty of physical exercise as well.
You can also buy toys like the Kong and buster cube that help to provide mental exercise, but they are not the whole cure all by themselves.

There is ballistic mats at rayallen.com
I would also buy rubber kongs, when you catch the dog chewing on bad things, then say ut ut and place the kong at the mouth, when dog opens mouth to bite kong, praise and repeat each time dog chews on something she shouldn't
good luck

i am going to second the kong bed. It is the only one my dogs have not put a hole in.

My dog is now 9 years old and a really good dog. He won't even take food without permission if you walk away from it. He used to chew on everything when he was 1 year old. We took him to doggy obedience class and the instructor said that in order to get him to stop chewing things that were not his it was important to take away and PULL TOYS for a while. Especially socks with a knot in it. It really worked. He needs to learn that he has his own toys.