My dog Dogga just recently pasted away but i want another dog but my parents dont what do i do?

how do i convince my parents that we need another dog?

Asked by Member 993068 on Jun 18th 2010 in The Adoption Process

Answers

George

Foster! A foster parent doesn't keep a dog forever, so it would be a way of you getting a dog, but your parents wouldn't have to worry about keeping it forever, unless they decide they want to :D Hope this helps

see George on Facebook:
Dog-Gone Project

George answered on 6/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

That happened to us. We lost our Golden and my daughter was dead against getting another. We decided to get another dog anyway a few months later. When you get another dog, it doesn't replace the one you lost, it just fills another part of your heart. I think the Foster idea from the previous poster is a good one. Good Luck!

Losing a well loved pet rips your heart out. Your Mom & Dad may need more time to grieve.

It is also a huge responsibility for your parents. A new dog will cost more in the first year, perhaps the money is an issue.

Time is an issue as well. A new dog, even an adult rescue needs time and training to fit into a new home. Perhaps now is not a good time because everyone is busy.

Be patient. And when the time comes....
Consider an adult rescue, they can make the easiest and most loving companions.

You don't! It's their house & their rules! When you are old enough to be on your own, then you can get a dog, but if your parents say no, there is nothing you can do. You could volunteer at a shelter so you can get your dog fix & prove to them you are responsible.

Easton

I grew up with a yellow lab. My parents got him when I was a year old, so I do not remember time without him. He was put down at 16 because of his seriously declining health. I had never seen my dad cry like that.

I wanted another dog, I know secretly my Dad did too, but my Mom said NO! The fur was too much for her (but max was on meds for a thyroid problem=shedding). Well, one morning my one brother and I were sitting at the table talking about splitting the cost of a rescue dog for my Dad's birthday. We had persisted for months and were really going to do it (we were counting money). The next morning, my mom was calling breeders... thus we got Roscoe. My Dad cried again... My mom doesn't regret Roscoe at all.

Be persistent and attack in numbers. Fostering is a wonderful idea. I fostered one dog and was so sad when he left, that I rescued a puppy. Maybe that can happen with you!

Please, keep in mind shelter dogs when considering a new addition!

Easton answered on 6/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cutie

Hey! I know exactly what you are going through with your parents. I'm 18 and I've had my dog Cutie for almost 12 years. She's my baby girl and I luv her dearly. I told my mom when she dies I want a puppy... my mom said NO WAY.
So, here are acouple things that might work for you. Take your parents to a pet store with puppies in it. Ooo and AWW over the cute puppies and beg for one. =) OR, you could take them to the pound and beg your parents to save a poor helpless doggie. That's all the advice I can give you. It worked for my little sister... might work for you. =) Good luck!! Hope it works!

~Cutie&Ashez~

Cutie answered on 7/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer