my dog constantly backs up and rubs her butt up against our chairs, couch and whatever. She loves being scratched back

why would my dog rub her lower back against chairs. or she will frequently rub against the chairs. This is NOT the same as scooting.
I am going to take her to the vet, but this is Saturday. I need help @ this time. Emergency vets are too expensive.

Please advise.

Asked by Member 1198543 on Nov 9th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

There are scent glands back there, and she is probably marking her territory. If her anal glands have not been excreted in awhile then that's it, and you need to take her to a groomer to have them expressed. It's usually cheaper to have the groomer do this than the vet, unless you want to learn how to do it. ^_^