my dog can't pee her pee is just a drop sometimes none at all what must be the cause?and what medicine should i give her

Asked by Member 555358 on Jan 13th 2008 in Medications

Best Answer

You need to seek veterinary assistance ASAP as there are many questions that need answering. It could be anything from a urinary tract infection to some kind of blockage (crystalline or tumorous). It is very rare for a female to become blocked via crystals in her urine, though it is possible that there is a bladder stone hindering evacuation of the bladder. Please take your dog to a vet for examination soon.

answered on Jan 13th.

Answers

Odie-Wan-Kenobi  CGC

Go to the vet right away! Your dog may have a blocked urinary track or something very serious

Odie-Wan-Kenobi CGC answered on 1/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

~Angel (RIP 11/20/07)~

When Angel had these symptoms, it was a bladder infection. Take her to the vet ASAP and bring along a urine sample. This requires antibiotics that you have to get from a vet.

~Angel (RIP 11/20/07)~ answered on 1/14/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Poni - R.I.P baby girl

Oh yes, you need to get your doggie to the vet right away.
I had that problem - and the vet removed a golf ball sized tumor from me (and that was pretty big since I only weighed 7 lbs at the time!)
The problem could be caused by many things that over-the-counter medicine just isn't going to fix.

Poni - R.I.P baby girl answered on 1/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer