my dog bites his tail and ended up making it bleed. i dont know whether its fleas or a rash. i cant take him to the vet

Asked by Member 1142794 on Nov 28th 2012 Tagged fleas, health in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Fleas, I guess. Get a an anti flea powder for him, if possible put an e-collar on him, so that he cannot harm his tail.

Wow, diagnosing fleas over the internet? I certainly can't do that, but I would suggest if your dog is chewing to the point of bleeding, there is a major problem and he NEEDS to visit a vet!
You need to beg, borrow (care credit???) or sell something and get this checked out before it becomes infected if it isn't already!!!
Imagine if you had something that was bothering you to the point that you were scratching enough to bleed.... wouldn't you see a doctor???
Your pet deserves no less and if you can't get him treated you need to perhaps consider giving him up to a shelter or rescue so he CAN get treated.

I would give him a good bath. It could be a variety of things causing him to chew his tail... allergies, fleas, boredom, etc. If it is still red and bothersome, I would apply a topical cream to it. I personally love PETfection Paw Cream because it heals area's up quickly and helps block out infection. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic; it doesn't contain any chemicals or additives that could make them worse. You can use it on any type of dry spot, cut, scrape, etc. doesn't haven't be just for the paws. Hope this helps!