My dog becomes aggressive when I try to get her to go in her crate. what should I do?

I adopted my dog Daisy from a shelter in the beginning of November. She is a 2 year old pointer/hound mix. I also have a 7 year old yellow lab. Daisy is very sweet and affectionate, but she has separation anxiety. I've tried a bunch of things to help her, I even had a dog trainer come to our house. no matter what I do I cannot get her into her crate. She gets really aggressive when she knows me or one of my family members is leaving. she once made me 3 hours late to work. I cannot leave her out of a crate like my other dog, because she will pee and destroy everything. She bit my dad once when he was trying to get her in there. It did not break the skin but she is a very large dog so she can definitely do some damage. I am starting nursing school in a week, and I have to be able to get her in this crate, but I have literally tried everything. The only thing I haven't tried was getting her one of those thunder shirt things. That's my last option. My parents want me to return her. II adopted a dog named Daisy from a shelter in the beginning of November. She is a 2 year old pointer/hound mix. I also have a 7 year old yellow lab. Daisy is very sweet and affectionate, but she has separation anxiety. I've tried a bunch of things to help her, I even had a dog trainer come to our house. no matter what I do I cannot get her into her crate. She gets really aggressive when she knows me or one of my family members is leaving. she once made me 3 hours late to work. I cannot leave her out of a crate like my other dog, because she will pee and destroy everything. She bit my dad once when he was trying to get her in there. It did not break the skin but she is a very large dog so she can definitely do some damage. I am starting nursing school in a week, and I have to be able to get her in this crate, but I have literally tried everything. The only thing I haven't tried was getting her one of those thunder shirt things. That's my last option. My parents want me to return her. I love her, but she is causing me so much stress that I literally only leave my house for work, and even then I usually leave crying. I would feel like a terrible person taking her back, but she is making my life a living hell. The last person who had her only had her for three weeks, and before that she came from the city pound, that's all I know about her. I have tried working with her for three months, and the problems just keep getting worse. She has many other issues too, but those I would be willing to work with. If anyone has any constructive advice on this issue it would be much appreciated, because I am completely at a loss.

Asked by Member 1209301 on Jan 14th 2014 Tagged crate, aggression, anxiety in Separation Anxiety