my dog ate frontline can it make him sick

My dog ate frontline 1 tube of the 50 to 75 lbs dog. Can this kill him? He had most of it on his paws but ingested some of it im sure

Asked by Member 942575 on Jan 31st 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I'd get him to the e.r. vet a.s.a.p.!

Yes, vet! This is an emergency.

That stuff is basically poison and it CAN kill him if he's ingested enough of it.

The only way to go is to take him to the vet. If you can't get to your regular vet where you are right now, then take him to the closest emergency vet.

Good luck.

A vet is ALWAYS your first source for information and help when something like this happens.
My Aunts dog got into rat poison from a neighbours house and a call to her vet saved her dogs live. She immediately induced vomiting. If she waited to drive to the vet, the dog woud have started to digest the poison, and problems would have started. He was completely fine once all the posion was out of his stomach. A simple phone call was all that was needed.
Dogster answers is great for small issues but when it comes to poisoning a VET is what is needed.

You bet your boots it can, friend. I'd recommend calling the Animal Pet Poison Control Center, (888) 426-4435. (A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.) Either that, or the vet.