my dog ate chewable antacids. is that dangerous? If so, what do I do?

I don't know for sure if she ate any. If she did it wasn't much. Is that dangerous? Also I was wondering if a dog had parvo as a puppy can they get it again?

Asked by Member 871596 on Aug 27th 2009 in Health & Wellness

They are often largely a more soluble form of calcium carbonate. A continued excess of calcium isn't good for puppies, especially larger breeds, but a single large dose shouldn't hurt anything. Adults can excrete excess calcium. I wouldn't worry about it.

K-10 Von Canein

Hate to break it to you, but there are now 2 strains of parvo in the U.S., and yes, your pup can acquire parvo more than once. Untreated parvo has only a 9%survival rate in dogs here in the U.S. And No, a dose of antacids is not going to mess up your pooch.

K-10 Von Canein answered on 8/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer