Baby

My dog ate a chunk of apple that had some seeds in it HELP!

Today i was cutting and mashing up some apple for baby and when i cut a chunk off the part that had seed in it slipped off the counter and she took and ate it.

Im not sure how many seeds there were since she only got half of it.Maybe two

Is there anything i can do for her? She seems fine right now.

I don't know a what would happen if she ate an apple seed all i know is they are toxic to dogs.

PLEASE! no negative comments i already feel bad enough.

To be honest im not even sure there were seeds in it or not but it's better safe then sorry.

Thank you

Asked by Baby on Apr 4th 2011 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Billie Bob

Apple seeds are toxic to dogs, but I don't think one or two seeds is going to kill your dog. She may get sick and throw them up, and even still with just a couple, may not even do that. Just keep a close eye on her for any signs of stress.

Billie Bob answered on 4/4/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bailey

I wouldn't worry too much! Seeds are toxic (clearly you know that) but a few of them (like mentioned) won't hurt her. It's only if you continuously feed Baby the seeds it'll start doing some damage. She might throw them up, which would pretty much be a good thing, or it'll do nothing what-so-ever.

Don't beat yourself up about it, dogs have strong stomachs :) (I would know, mine eats EVERYTHING) and I'm sure Baby will be fine.

Bailey answered on 4/5/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer