MY DOG ALWAYS WANTS TO PUT MY HAND IN HER MOUTH AND LEAD ME AROUND THE HOUSE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS COULD MEAN

Asked by Member 936218 on Jan 6th 2010 in Fears & Phobias

Answers

When Bridger does that to us it is because he wants to play...I should probably train him out of it but it's so darn cute! lol!

Squ'mey does it too when we are on our walks. Being a gsd I think it has to do with herding instincts. If I lag too far behind he comes and gently takes my hand or sleeve and pulls me down the path. Like the other poster I know I probably shouldn't let him, but it is soo cute & he has a soft mouth, never clamps down.

I use to have a dog that did that. They are trying to tell you sometimes they are bored, it is there way of trying to get us to interact like playing frisbee, ball, take a walk, go hiking. My dog will circle and try to get me to go faster on walks and hiking. But, she is a herding dog too. What kind of dog?

Crystal

My dog Crystal does this to but only when she is excited about something. Like when I get her leash out and she is ready to go on a walk or when she is ready to eat and sees me getting her dog bowl out.

Crystal answered on 1/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lassie

I could think of a couple of reasons:
1. She wants your attention
2. Shes a pup and likes to chew on your hand (my pup does that)
3. She wants to play
4. She might be trying to indicate that she wants to be let out to pee/crap

Lassie answered on 1/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

It could be a sign of dominance that she is trying to tell you she is the leader of the pack. I personally don't see this issue as a good thing.... I would educate yourself on dog psychology. You can check out books like "How to Speak Dog" to learn different signals on what they are telling you.

Petri answered on 1/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

my doy does that when she is asking to go outside to do her business