My dog acts like a human, and is spoiled how can i fix this? also he wakes up in the mddle of the nite to use bathroom

My chiweenie dog is really spoiled, if you leave him in his cage or pet carrier he starts whining, and he dosent like being alone, he hates his cage because he wants to sleep on my bed, sometimes when we think he he has to USE THE BATHROOM take him out and he stops whining

issue 2 he wakes up in the middle of the night to use the washroom, about that i know hes 10 weeks ( still a puppy) but what happens if it wont stop?

Asked by Member 973269 on Mar 26th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Your dog isn't acting like a human at all. He's acting like a puppy. Because he IS.

I don't understand how you can think his needs at this young age is him being "spoiled."

You have a very young puppy. He may not be capable of holding it through the night, especially if you don't give him ample opportunity to go before bedtime. This is NORMAL and part of the responsibility of owning a puppy. You have to accept that you may not get some sleep for a few more weeks. His body and bladder and colon are growing, he's not able to hold it long right now.

Never leave him in his pet carrier. It's far too small for him. No wonder he's upset in there!

Don't allow him in bed with you, but let him sleep in the crate in an area of the room where he can SEE you.

He's just been taken away from his mother and siblings (perhaps far too early if you've had him more than a couple of weeks) and he's going through a lot. Please have some compassion and patience.

All my dogs are spoiled that is why I have them.
:)
And he is only 10 weeks he will need to go out to potty in the night cause he has to go. And I think you should take him out.
He might hate his cage if he has no blanket and has to go potty. Then usually people place things in to eat each time to teach the dog that the crate is a good place to be, try that and to place chew foods and kongs in. then he will be busy while in there.