my dog 6yrs old mini dachshund is 6wks pregnant with her 1st litter she started throwing up today is it normal?

my dog is a 6 yrs old mini dachshund and she is 6 weeks pregnant with her first litter ...she started throwing up today...should i be worry or is it normal?

Asked by Member 997277 on Jul 17th 2010 Tagged dachshund pregnant throwingup in Pregnancy

Answers

well, with any first time or second times, a good vet should be examining this dog to make sure she is healthy and the dog is progressing the way she should. Vet care is important during pregnancy just like us humans we visit a ob, gyn during pregnacy and submit to tests to ensure our baby or babies are going to be healthy.
So don't wait take her to the doc. :)

Please call your vet.

No, it is NOT normal. I would get her to a vet as soon as possible. Six years is pretty old for a first litter and it is possible that she has a uterine infection which are fairly common in older females who are bred. This can go bad very, very fast so get her to your vet ASAP.

Maverick

I agree that a vet check up is something that is needed to be sure.

Maverick answered on 7/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer