My dachshund is pregnant and I have been wondering how to help her have the most comfortable, natural labour...as a mot

Asked by Member 1144797 on Dec 11th 2012 Tagged whelping in Puppies

Answers

The best person to give you advice on that would be your vet. Esp., since she's a small dog. They are more prone to complications during labor. Good Luck!

Bear

I don't know about what else to do, but when my Chaweenie had puppies, i put out a bunch of junk pillows and blankets, they'll arrange them the way they want them. It helped her allot. Good luck on the puppies!

Bear answered on 12/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Molly

Schuduale an appointment with your vet to check out how things are going during her pregnancy. A trusted veteraniarian can X-ray your dog to keep a check on her puppies and perhaps, estimate how many puppies she will have. The vet can also tell you important information that a owner sadly can not, such as your dog's due date and if she may need an emergancy C-section due to her small size. The most important thing your vet can do on this appointment is tell you if he/she thinks your dog should give birth to her litter at the animal hospital or in your home. Your vet will likely leave this decision to you unless it is imparative that the dog gives birth at the animal hospital. Keep in mind if she has a C-section, she will have to give birth at the hospital. Hope this helps!

Molly answered on 12/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer