My cholocate lad has pain in his left legs on thee inside about 2 inch above his knee. My (?)is can I give him acetamino

Asked by Member 1001363 on Aug 20th 2010 in Medications

Answers

Pippin-CGC-RIP Sweet Boy

No he can't have that!...Please take him to a vet for a proper diagnoses & what to give for pain!

Pippin-CGC-RIP Sweet Boy answered on 8/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Candy 4/13/99 - 2/8/09

NO!

Pain relievers that are fine for people can cause dogs and cats liver failure with even one small dose.

Ice it if he'll let you, keep him from licking it, and see the Vet ASAP.

Candy 4/13/99 - 2/8/09 answered on 8/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would also say no. I would recommend rest and a vet visit ASAP if pain continues. Deogie has pulled a muscle in the icy winter months and this is what his vet recommends.
I met a guy with his dog (a husky) and asked why this old dog was limping thinking it was probably just arthritis. The guy told me he just finished running this dog for 50 miles. He was on his bike and the dog was running to keep up. My friends and I were shocked. We told him we felt it was too much and it was obvious by the way this poor dog was walking. A little massage therapy was in order for his dog while he relaxed and we spoke to the owner about his dogs younger days.
I guess the point to my story is know your dogs limits and adjust exercise when needed. Injuried or aging, seek a vets advice about treatment options to help with pain.

there is a dosage for tylenol but you have to get it from the vet and it goes by weight.
I would recommend that you find out what is causing his pain, it sounds like an orthopedic issue that the vet needs to know about.
Even though you are giving meds, the dog is still going to be in pain if it is an orthopedic problem. Most meds over the counter won't cut that kind of pain.
Just like us when we have an absess in our tooth regular stuff doesn't seem to cut it.
I hope it isn't nothing serious.