My chiwhawha has a large knot under her skin under her front right leg. She is feeding pups. What is this. Anyone know?

Her name is Sissy. She has a large knot under her right front leg and 3 or 4 very small knots under her left front leg. These knots only came up after she began to feed her pups. I can't help but to think that it has something to do with giving milk. Has anyone else ever had this happen? What do you think it is?

Asked by Member 1126280 on Aug 18th 2012 Tagged welping, dog, knot, milk, help, animal, female, puppies in Answers

Answers

I would have a vet check her out.

Chase

I would take your chihuahua to the vet.

Chase answered on 8/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Isis

I agree with the other replies, definitely get her to the vet. Chihuahua's can be very fragile, Isis can't even be vaccinated for rabies because of reactions to the vaccine. The lumps could be cysts of some kind, or any number of things. You should get her and the pups into the vet to be checked out anyway.

Isis answered on 9/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer