My Chihuahua is 4 months old & hyper will she settle down as she gets older

At times my little pup gets very hyper will she ever settle down? I think my husband is almost done with her!

Asked by Member 857016 on Aug 14th 2009 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Lexie

She should settel down when she is about a year old. Right now she is just a puppy. my grandmother has a Chihuahua he is 8 years old he sleeps all day.

Lexie answered on 8/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

roxy

yes because thats what my dog did

roxy answered on 8/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ozzy

i belive she will. my aunt had a chihuahua, and she was pretty calm. but right now she is a puppy, think of a kid. when kids are young they like to play. same with they puppy. maby if you take her out of walks and play with her more, she won't be as hyper.

:]

Ozzy answered on 8/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♣Duchess♣

Yes, puppies go through a stage when their little, your pup is going through it right now!! I have had a LOT of pups and they all went through the hyper stage!! Give her time, hopefully she'll grow out of it!! Right now i have a three month old kitten and he is mostly always hyper, He is starting to get better as he gets older. Also i have heard that chihuahuas are hyper dogs, some grow out of it , some dont!!

♣Duchess♣ answered on 8/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Take your pup for a walk. It will give you an opportunity to bond, get him used to a leash and also tire him out. Keep in mind he's quite small and still a baby, so don't overdo it. It will help get you through this active time, and lay some groundwork for the future. Good luck!