CoCo

My Chihuahua, her sister and my Germansheperd all ich like crazy. My daughter took her dog to the vet abnd so did i they

How to control ichyness in dogs.

Asked by CoCo on Sep 20th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

Did you check to see if they have fleas or ticks? What did the vet say?

There are could be several reasons of itching:
Environmental
Nutritional
Parasitic
Allergic
Neurogenic
Infectious
What did your vet say about it? He is the only one who can diagnose the actual problem and prescribe an apt medicine.

First , you have to figure out why the dog is so itchy. The easiest thing to check for first is fleas. You can get a cheap flea comb and run through the dog to seem if it gets any on the comb. The next thing to try is food. Many dogs have allergies to food. Changing the food to a better food with no corn or by-products would be a good idea. I use the Nutro Natural Choice for my dogs with allergy problems. After that, the last thing is to run test to see what may be causing the problems. Hopefully you do not have to get to this step. Good luck