My chi Eevee doesn`t like to eat and isn`t crazy about drinking either. She just turned 1, I have had her about 1o mths

Asked by Member 1067379 on Oct 31st 2011 in Pet Food

Answers

Is she healthy and in good weight? Most Chihuahuas I see in public are overweight because people don't realize what a TINY amount of food they actually need, maybe a 1/4 cup of food per day, or even less. If she's healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.

If she's underweight, you might try switching foods- try canned food if she doesn't like dry food, try a frozen or refridgerated raw dog food, or just switch brands, maybe the kibble size is too big or the wrong shape for her tiny mouth. If she eats wet food, she probably won't drink much because all the moisture she needs is in her food. My sister's cat that only eats canned food doesn't drink water at all.

this sounds like a check at the vets.
I do remember some chi lovers saying that they offer theirs very small portions several times a day. Maybe hop over to forums, then go to the breed box, click on the box, scroll to chi's for the breed. And see if any chi owners can help you out on what to feed and how often. As puppies they eat about 3x a day til 6-8 months two small meals then one meal at 1 yr. But, like I said I think chi's eat little meals at different times a day. hope any of that helps you.
not drinking is however a sign of sickness, a dog will drink for hydration. talk to your vet about the dog he may want to do some blood work first.