my cavalier king charles tear stains smell really, really bad on her face. Any suggestions or reasons why

my one year old cavalier king charles face smells really, really, really bad it seems to be coming from her tear stains. I have never experienced this with a dog before is it normal for this breed? or whats going on. She has a good healthy diet. any advice would be appreciated

Asked by Member 1041374 on Apr 3rd 2012 Tagged puppyhygene in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Petri

Many dogs get tear stains.... it is more common in squished in face dogs and toy breeds. Keeping her groomed on the face will help, also wipe them out daily with a warm, wet washcloth. Currently, if they smell that bad she may have a bit of an eye infection. A wonderful product you can use is PETfection Eye Wash & Cleaner; it is 100% Organic. I like it because it will clear up the infection and also help eliminate odor. Doing regular grooming maintenance on her face will definitely help in the long run.

Petri answered on 4/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer