My Bulldog Puppy has very bad gas. Anybody have any recomendations on something they have tried? And it worked? She

Asked by Member 1149184 on Jan 9th 2013 Tagged bulldog, gas, food in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Angie

You may want to look into what you are feeding him, but I have a friend who gives her dog a tablespoon of PLAIN yogurt every night.

Angie answered on 1/10/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Basically the same food that gives you gas will likely give the dog gas too. Tums, chamomille tea and fasting for a day helps. Then a meal of cooked chicken & very cooked white rice will calm the tummy. Works for my dog!

Tums should not be given to growing puppies as they upset the calcium/phosphorus levels and can cause bone and joint issues.
Normally, in bracheophilic breeds excessive gas is caused by the dog swallowing too much air when they eat. Adding more liquid to their food can sometimes help. It can also help to experiment with different foods...those with less carbohydrates and more protein can sometimes made a big difference.
Good luck.

Wookiee

Wookiee had bad gas and I played around with different kinds of food for him till I found one that didn't upset his tummy. I also give him one digestive enzyme/probiotic (made especially for dogs not people) everyday. It worked for us, but everybody's body is different. Good luck!

Wookiee answered on 1/11/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

You can give him Machu's Blend Dog Tea. It is great for gas, aiding digestion, upset stomachs, car sickness, etc. It is a loose leaf tea... just heat up your water and steep the tea in a strainer ball or tea bag. After the tea has cooled your dog can drink it right out of the bowl or you can pour it over her food.

Petri answered on 1/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rocky

Our bulldog has a very sensitive stomach. We switched him to Fromm and his poop and gas much much better. But be forewarned, gas is just a side effect of having a bulldog...lol. Invest in glade and air wick!

Rocky answered on 1/16/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Switch to a grain free food. This will more than likely help.

Fromm is a great food to feed, learn more about Fromm at frommfamily.com

Most of the Fromm foods are grain free which is a plus for any dog.

Fromm is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.