my boxer is like a jumping bean, should I put her on TV, how?

I have 2 beautiful 2 year old boxers (sisters). Beautiful coloring. One jumps like a jumping bean when she greets people, the other one does the side ways butt, well that's what I call it.. In any event I've been looking and watching dogs on TV and thought they might do well and have fun. What is the process ????????

Asked by Member 1139783 on Nov 8th 2012 Tagged tvcommercials in Answers

Answers

Train, train, train, train.... Right now it sounds like you have 2 untrained dogs, doing what untrained dogs do. What exactly were you thinking? Acting? No way your dogs can hold a mark, by the sounds of it. Agility? Still need obedience before you take classes.

Yeah, like Wiley said, train your dogs!

Train and exercise your dogs! That's what they sound like they need.

One of my dogs was in two commercials... he was picked for it when he participated in tryouts held at an obedience trial I was attending.
Key word... obedience trial. TV dogs must have over and above average training before they are even considered for the role.
While it looks like they may be misbehaving in the ad (for example, jumping on someone), they have to be trained to do the action on command, every time they are asked, and, more importantly, to sit around for hours while waiting for their time. There may be 15 or more takes to get the one they want, and the dog MUST be trained to repeat the action every single time it is commanded to do so, yet still able to chill out during the wait time.
Besides, the pay stinks!!! You have to pay all expenses to get to the studio for the filming, and you might be lucky and get $50 for an entire days work.
Meanwhile, if your dogs ARE well trained, check with local obedience clubs to see if tryouts will be held in your area.