My blind rottweiler doesn't like to go outside. I bring her outside on a leash and she does her business and then runs

she runs and pulls to get back home.

Asked by Member 1000636 on Aug 15th 2010 Tagged blind, rottweiler, outside, walk, leash in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Did she go blind suddenly?
The world must be very scary to her.
If your family can spend time with her outside and encourage her to sit with you she may become more comfortable. She may always perfer a quick trip on the leash from now on.

Kazba

Home is a place where she feels safe. There are alot of smells and noises outside that since she is now blind she does not know what they are or if they may hurt her. Maybe bring treats out with you to get her to stay outside longer. Keep talking to her and try to keep her calm. I wish you all the best and i hope things get better for you soon.

Kazba answered on 8/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer