My 8 yr old akc male Maltese has lime colored urine and his tail is straight.Any natural cures?
Unable to see a vet
on Mar 18th 2012
in Alternative Treatments
- Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!
There are cases where you absolutely must see a vet ASAP, if *at all* possible, and sad to say this sounds like one of those times.
If you feel money issues are keeping you from being able to see a vet, here are a few ideas:
1. Call the vet and ask if advice over the phone will suffice.
2. If you have to take the dog in, ask about payment options. They may let you buy on time.
3. Let the vet know that you can't afford it. A good vet isn't just going to let an animal suffer simply because the owner has no money.
4. I believe there are some organizations that may be able to help you. I'd call the local animal shelter and ask them if they know of any such places for you to contact.
Gray Dawn Treader answered on 3/19/12. Helpful? / 0
Are you giving him extra vitamins or supplements? Sometimes this can cause urine color changes if there are no other symptoms. Make sure he is getting plenty of fresh water too.
If he is having any swelling, discomfort or blood in his pee or around his penis he probably has a urinary tract infection and will need antibiotics. You can sprinkle some cranberry powder in his food though to help flush bacteria in the ureter out. Hopefully this will give you some ideas!
Petri answered on 3/20/12. Helpful? / 0