my 7 year old springer has several fatty lumps under his skin. is this serious?

he has had bumps like this in the past and they have gone on their own, but many of these (there are about 6 now) have been there for about 6 months, if not longer. because he went to the vets about a similar lump a couple of years ago and the vet said it was harmless, my dad is reluctant to take him to the vets and pay the extortionate bills. i'm getting concerned because so many new ones have appeared over recent months and his behaviour has changed. he is increasingly clingy and affectionate, and he also seems to be tired more often. he is such an intelligant little boy, i can't drop the feeling that he's trying to tell me something. how do i find out what is wrong? i cannot afford to take him to the vets myself

Asked by Member 1148118 on Jan 4th 2013 in Skin Problems

Answers

Make sure they are not getting any bigger. If they are, then there might be a problem. You could measure them or take pictures to compare.. to show your dad if you think there might be a problem.

If it is just a fatty lump, then no it really is not anything to worry about. But you do want to keep an eye on them, that they do not bother them or are getting to bigger. I have had a few dogs that had these, and it did not hurt them at all. I just had the vet look at them when they went in for shots or check ups just to be on the safe side.