My 7 month old puppy mated with her father, will the puppies come out defected?

I just had my male dog mate with his "daughter's Should I let them have their puppies? Will they come out Defected,? If so How?

Asked by Member 1058987 on Sep 25th 2011 in Breeds C-F

Answers

There is a high possible chance that it will happen and the puppies will come out deformed or even die. I wouldn't risk her having puppies. Was the 7 month old female in heat? Even if she wasn't in heat, she can still get pregnant. I highly recommend you spay and neuter your dogs because it is NOT healthy to breed the daughter with the father.

Actually, father/daughter or mother/son matings often turn out fine. It really depends on the dogs involved, if they are carriers for any genetic diseases or not.

What is more worrying is that she is only 7 months old... she might not be mature enough to carry and then care for her pups.

If it's too late for an emergency spay/abort, BE PREPARED for things to go wrong- she might need a C-section if her pelvis is too small, (big $$$) she might not have enough milk, she might reject the puppies or try to kill them. (Not rare with very young first-time mothers.)

Better to spay her now if you can.

Rocky

They will be fine ignore the 3rd comment its not your fault unless you made them do it lol. my family always had that issue with their dogs. My fear is she kinda young and may not be able to have them with out surgery. hope it helps but don't worry they will not have any effects. hope it helps

Rocky answered on 9/25/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

If I remember correctly inbreeding (the breeding of close relatives) increases the chance for inherited genetic diseases that may run in that particular line (eg, family ). Inbreeding can be useful in breeding for specific traits, actually, so it's not always a bad thing. (However a breeder should have a pretty good understanding of genetics so that they know what they're doing before inbreeding.)

You may consider a "morning after" shot at the vet's off.

Mochi

in breeding (mating of dogs who are relatives) can cause both good and bad to
your dogs, depending on the genes that they carry.sometimes, breeders in-breed their dogs intentionally when they can see good traits from both dogs, hoping that they'd reflect on their offspring. however, inbreeding also causes appearance of recessive traits or traits not very visible to the parents. my dog is said to be a pure breed, inbreed chihuahua. everyone thinks he's too big for a chihuahua. the seller says his size could be a result of the inbreeding. goodluck with your dogs.

Mochi answered on 9/27/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Hello guest.
I am an experienced dog breeder and i know for a fact that father daughter matings are fine ( not recommending though)just make sure it doesnt happen again. what breed was she if you dont mind me asking? But what I will say is puppies cost alot of money to raise if you are not financially ready to look after these puppies then you should abort the litter ( depending on how far along she is)

NOW this is directed at the twit who told you they will die and that bitches can pregnant without being in heat. BULLS**** SORRY for the harshness of this part of the answer but this is rubbish a female dog cannot get pregnant without being in heat and even then they dont always get pregnant because you have to make sure they breed within the fertile time period of the cycle.

please stop worrying hun and just be a bit more repsonsible next time. good luck

Your puppies or puppy might turn out to be a bit more weird in behavior or in something else. It is common to have change in behavior for the puppy but if you send it to classes, it will probably help.
I am not an expert on dogs, but i know a lot, even though im only 11, ive worked with a lot of dogs i have 4 at home and one just had puppies with her father, and they turned out beautiful, which hardly ever happens, but there's a change in growth, they grow rapidly. I've had about 13 puppies in all in about 1 1/2 yrs. I used to go to a puppy place called all good puppies, and that's how I learned a lot about puppies. The puppies are going to have something different about them, or they wont which hardly ever happens.Just be very careful with what happens to your puppies because they might die if they get sick, because of how they were born.
Good Luck!
:)