My 7 month old goldendoodle (female)is 35 lbs. One vet said her full adult weight would be 40lbs....another said 60-75??

Asked by Member 529569 on Jan 9th 2008 in Goldendoodle

Best Answer

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'm assuming that you're wondering which estimate is closer to being correct and how much she'll weight when full grown?

Dogs can vary so much when it comes to size and weight.

At seven months, your dog is not quite done growing. Your dog is two somewhat larger breed dogs(again, I'm assuming STANDARD poodle) individuals in both breeds can sometimes fall into the medium category, just depending on their individual genetic makeup.

I'd say that, at seven months, she'll probably gain between another 10-205 lbs, roughly, depending on what her genetic makeup is.

She might just get taller, without much weight gain, or she might fill out all over, in addition to getting taller.

The best way to determine if your dog is at a healthy weight is this little rule:

Too skinny: Ribs that show through skin or fur.

Just right: Ribs that are easily felt underneath fur/skin when petted.

Too fat: Ribs that can't be felt easily.

Jack answered on Jan 9th.

Answers

Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC

Since your dog is a mix, it's hard to know what her adult weight will be. It also varies on whether she is a mix of a Golden and a Standard, Miniature, or Toy Poodle.

Even with purebred dogs, it is often difficult to know exactly how big they will be as adults. Looking to the parents can give you clues, but it's still not 100% accurate.

Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC answered on 1/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sedona

It really depends. You just never know. I'd figure she'd be 50-60lbs though if you want a guess.

Sedona answered on 1/12/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer