My 5 yr old shih scratches and barks in her crate, what can I do to fix this problem?

I put her in the crate while I'm at wk and when it's bedtime. There has been times where she has use the restroom in there. I take her out at the same time everyday. I don't know what to do.

Asked by Member 1085719 on Jun 4th 2012 in Crate Training

Answers

COCO

your dog is bored. try stuffed kongs, chewing toys and also exercise your dog so that she quits with the barking. if you leave the dog in the crate too long she will pee. Also clean crate with an enzyme cleaner so that it gets rid of the pee smell that is drawing her to pee in her crate. like "out" at walmart in the pet isle.

when you put her in the crate monitor her water and food intake. remove water a few hours before putting her in her crate that will minimize here having to pee.

COCO answered on 6/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer