My 5 year old pit bull is losing hair from itching but I dont see flees on her. I thought it could be an alergy and gave

Could it be dry skin or some other skin issue? The benadryl didnt help. Any ideas on what I can do to help her

Asked by Member 1156458 on Feb 22nd 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Have you had a vet check her to rule out mange? If you have, you can try changing her food. Some dogs "become" allergic to something in their food. You can try something with no/less grain, less filler and a different protein. You can try lamb or fish based food. If that's the cause, it might take a couple of weeks to see a difference. Good Luck!

Give her a good bath and rinse her well. Then you might try using PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic, Non Toxic, and is amazing at helping with itchy spots/dry skin/bumps/etc. I use it for everything! You can spray it all over her body and any area that is red or irritated from scratching or is dry and flaky. I find it to work really well! If you use it daily hopefully you'll notice a difference. :) I hope this helps.