My 2yrold Dog eats cat poop from the cat litter, won't go potty outside on her own & how can I stop her from doing this?

My Pug wouldn't stop eating cat poop from the litter. She would sneak if I wasn't looking at her. Also I tried to slap her nose and it never works. How can I stop her from doing that?

She also pee inside the house on the carpet. SAME Spot. I tried to clean it but she wouldn't STOP doing that. I tried to put her outside and she wouldn't go to use bathroom outside. She would come in and pee on the same spot. I decided to leave her outside for an hour to finish her business but she refused to finish it. I tried and tried. Nothing work! She would want pee inside the house. Please HELP!!

I will need your advice. How to stop her doing those ALSO how to clean the carpet well? I used OXIClean but nothing work. She would pee the same place. HELP!!!!

Thank you!

Asked by Member 1147770 on Jan 2nd 2013 Tagged dog, potty, pee, cat, poop, litter, stubborn in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

To stop the poop-eating, get a baby gate and block off the door to the room where the litter box is located. Leave enough room for your cat to scoot under but not the dog. Don't hit your dog on the nose. It doesn't help communicate your point and it just hurts them. If your dog goes potty inside, don't yell or punsish. It's too late. Get a bell, hang it on the door low enough so your dog can ring it with her nose or paw., Ring it every time you take your dog out. Take her out every hour. if she potties outside, praise her and give her a treat. Once she realizes that outside potty gets rewards and inside potty gets nothing, she'll want to go out. When she needs to go, she'll signal by ringing the bell.

I clean my carpet in four steps: remove as much as you an with a towel, cover it with baking soda and vacuum the baking soda up. Then prepare a solution of dish soap, vinegar, peroxide, and water and treat the carpet. Let it dry, then spray with an enzymatic cleaner.

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs

im gonna have to remember that cleaning method. the issue there is it will never come out if she has peed there several times, especially. it soaks down into the pad and never goes away. the bell on the door and rewarding works great though :)slapping on the nose, rubbing their head in it and all that nonsense doesn't work and just tortures the dog. so do away with the punishment based thought process. reward based works best

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs answered on 1/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

Dogs like cat poop because it is high in protein. Is your pug on a high protein food? If not, she might be eating it to try and "make up" for what her body is missing. As for the pee spot, you might use puppy pads where the spot is. That way if she goes you can just throw them away. Also, after she goes you can try help teaching her by carrying the used peed pad outside. Maybe once she associates her pee with being outside, she'll go outside. You might try using Unique Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator on the carpet. It will actually eat away the urine residue so no smell is left. It is eco-friendly and safe. You'll have to use it a few times to get all the smell out, but once it's gone you are good to go. Best of luck!!

Petri answered on 1/3/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer