my 2months old labrador is at times refusing to eat pedigree puppy for every meal and drinks milk at times..what do i do

Asked by Member 1123891 on Aug 3rd 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Here's what you do:
-If he refuses to eat what he's given, he gets nothing until the next meal time.
He won't let himself starve.

Now, if he refuses to eat anything...then I'd worry and take him to the vet. But if all he's doing is refusing kibble and eating other things you offer him just fine, then he's only holding out for something tastier.

Ikan

Well I would think about getting something better then pedigree to feed in the future. There is a chance he just does not care for it. I have had puppies stop eating food because they were tired of it and I had to get them different puppy food. But for now, have you tryed mixing a bit of canned food with the hard food to see if that makes it more attractive to eat? Good luck and i hope you find something the puppy likes.

Ikan answered on 8/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Is the information correct? A 2 month old, as in 8-9 weeks old puppy? It's not normal for puppies to be fussy or refuse food they are growing and always hungry. Labradors never miss a meal so something is wrong.

How much does he get to eat, how often and how is his weight? How is his poop? Soft, mushy, smelly? How is his activity level? Active, sick?

He should see a Vet anyway at his age.