My 2 year old boxer/heeler mix had developed aggression toward puppies.

This change has happened over the last 4 months and I'm not sure why. He played w/ one puppy in the park twice, then the next two times snapped at the puppy and bowled him over. He also goes after puppies at the day care facility where he's been going to since he was 5 months old. He's already bit one dog there. Fortunately, the owner was nice about it. Why is this occurring and what can I do to fix it? He is absolutely fine with full grown dogs, and used to play with puppies.

Asked by Member 1132359 on Sep 24th 2012 in Aggression

Answers

Koby

Dogs go through stages in the life while they are growing up. It sounds to me like he mentally hit adulthood. Has he been neutered? That happened with Koby, only earlier. You should take him to training classes. That would give him more socialization and you would have guidance under a trainer. Good Luck!

Koby answered on 9/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gibbs McGee

I am a rescue from a dumpster in TN, they think I may be a 'boxer/red heeler'. Can you show me your picture so I can see if that is what I am? My mommy would love to figure my breed out. I now live in WI. Thanks!
Gibbs

Gibbs McGee answered on 10/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Callie (Calliope)

Any luck with getting this to stop? My almost 2 GSP in the past 2 weeks has had issues of aggression with a couple of new daycare dogs. She hasn't bitten them but it was enough they felt the need to tell me. She's been going to day care since she was 6-7 months 5 days a week. Odd part is at home she's all of a sudden been super well behaved and a delight. I'm scared she's gong o be kicked out of daycare.

Callie (Calliope) answered on 12/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer