my 2 month red heeler puppy is out of the blue pacing ears pearked and whinging obsessively. why?

Asked by Member 1136066 on Oct 16th 2012 Tagged weirdbehaviorredheelerpuppy in Puppies

Answers

It could be a few things. Anxiety will do this. My dog gets whiny and anxious if she hasn't had enough exercise. A walk, a wrestle, a trip to the dog park, obedience practice or some kind of stimulation (toys, a car trip, etc) usually take care of it. Working dogs like ours need to use their brains and bodies every day to be happy.

Another cause could be pain. Sometimes it helps to take a mental inventory. Are her gums nice and pink? Have her eating or drinking habits changed? Is she pottying like normal? Has anything changed recently? If you think something is wrong, you're probably right. You know your dog better than anyone. I usually err on the side of caution and call the vet if something doesn't seem right.

Best of luck!