My 1 1/2 year old Beagle swallowed several foreign objects 48hrs ago. Should I take him to the vet or continue to watch?

My beagle starting the morning 2 days ago by quickly gulping a 3+ week old piece of bird roadkill. Then mid-day he jumped onto the table and chewed/ate a plastic cap to a sports water bottle and a sample of Stella and Chewies freeze dried food, part of the bag and all. Shortly thereafter the S&C sample was vomited up while on a walk along with some of the black plastic cap. He has since vomited slimy fluid and more plastic 3 more times, most recently at 3am this morning. He is behaving, eating, drinking and pooping normally other than the vomiting, which has been 6-8 hours after eating, so it is always on an empty stomach. He seems to be getting rid of the stuff on his own, with no signs of blood in his vomit or stool. Should we just continue to watch, or take him to the vet?

Asked by Member 1116797 on Jun 21st 2012 Tagged foreignobjects, vomiting in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

I would call your vet and get their advice. It's getting close to the weekend, and if you have to take him to an emergency vet, it will cost you a lot more money if he has a problem. Good luck!

SNEAKERS

Take it to the Vet NOW for an XRay !!!

You should have done that immediately, and it probably could have been resolved with a dose of epelack. However, IF any of that material has moved into the digestive track, make sure you got your check book with you, or a nice fat Credit Card. Surgery is expensive !

I just can NOT understand how some people think things like this will just go away. How irresponsible !

SNEAKERS answered on 6/21/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer