My 11mo GSD had a minor cut on her snout, it is now healed but balding in that spot and it is not getting better.

I haven't seen a Vet about it yet, it has been just over one month. I have tried an all natural gel spray from the pet store which seemed to heal the cut. ( it opened a couple more times, while she was playing I saw her catch it on something and it was bleeding again, then after it was almost healed the cat scratched her there again) Now I am just dealing with the baldness. I started opening capsules of vitamin e to spread on the spot today, which I plan on repeating 4x day.

Asked by Member 1144135 on Dec 7th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

It might be a scar. If so, there's probably nothing you can do.

My (at the time) 5 month old pit/boxer had the same issue. She ran face first into a fence at full speed and cut her forehead open. It scabbed then went bald for about 3-4 weeks. But now 2 months later its perfectly filled in with fur and looks like nothing happened. Just let it heal naturally. It'll be fine.