My 11 month old Siberian Husky is scared of people, what do i do?

my puppy is terrified of people in the street even if they are 15 feet away and not paying any attention to her, she gets really scared and her heart is racing and she tries to run away, i dont know why she is like this as my 1 1/2 year old husky isnt scared at all. what am i supposed to do? i dont want to force her but its hard when im taking my two dogs out together and she panicks!

Thanks

Asked by Member 1144701 on Dec 11th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Just continue to walk her like you do. Make sure you behave matter of fact about the whole thing. If you react, you can add to her fear. It might be a stage. If not then then the more you walk her, the more desinsitized she will get. If your other fog is calm, then it will be a good role model for your scared pup. Do NOT lolly-coddle her. It will only make her worse. Just keep walking at a brisk pace. Good luck!