My 10 yr. Old dog has a lump on her leg that is a sarcoma. We can't afford surgery. What should we do?

I have called a lot of vets, but I can't seem to find anyone that will do the removal for less than 1,500 or so. Also, some vets said I need to take her to a specialist because the mass is so big(baseball sized), and surgery on the hip area is difficult
There are, of course, credit options but I don't want to spend money we don't have, and we are just getting out of debt. On top of all this, the mass may even return after being removed.

Asked by Member 1050868 on Sep 1st 2011 in Cancer

Answers

Candy 4/13/99 - 2/8/09

Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the worse the growth will get. It could completely invade the hip area and pelvis. If it goes that far, it will be beyond surgery and incompatible with life.

The choices are sad and simple. find the $1,500, or consider putting the dog to sleep now, before he suffers.

Sorry I don't have a more encouraging answer. Hope it turns out okay. :(

Candy 4/13/99 - 2/8/09 answered on 9/2/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer