Boone

My 10 week old chocolate lab is 17 lbs, is this a healthy weight?

My first time owning a Lab, just wondering what his ideal weight should be, he was considered to be the "runt" compared to his sisters and brothers

Asked by Boone on Sep 23rd 2008 Tagged weight, chocolate, lab, puppies, puppy, eating, food in Puppies

Best Answer

♥Tiffy♥

17 lbs. for a 10 week lab sounds about right. If he is healthy, eating ok, playing fine, using the bathroom, then he is ok. All dogs grow at their own rate depending on their eating habits and other things. I don't think you have anything to worry about. In his pictures, he looks to be getting bigger and he looks healthy.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on Sep 23rd.

Answers

It really all depends on what he looks like as opposed to the ideal weight. Each Lab is going to be built differently, so what might be ideal for one might not be for another. 17 pounds seems to be alright - does he seem a healthy weight to you? You should not be able to see any of his ribs or hip bones, but you should be able to see a definite waist. You may also want to visit www.akc.org and check out their breed information on Labs.