My 10 month old pit bull has huge open sores that are bleeding badly. And worms that are fat white not that long. What i

It is getting worse and i have no money to take her to the vet. But I need help to figure out what to do for her

Asked by Member 742353 on Sep 25th 2008 Tagged worms, bleeding, sores, solution in Skin Problems

Answers

Well to be honest with you, in the condition that you say your dog is in, really the only thing that you CAN and SHOULD do for your dog is take her to the vet. That is really the only way that you are going to be able to help her out. Most vets do not take payments, but most emergency hospitals do, so you might want to consider going there. Your dog is only going to get worse, and at her young age, it could be detrimental to her health, and very possibly life threatening. Sorry to give you such horrible news, but it's really imperative that your dog gets medical attention as soon as possible.

I think its wonderful when people get this cute little pup and want to give him a home. What I don't think is wonderful is people who get a pup and cannot give him the proper care he deserves. Dogs cost money so I wish people would factor in the vet bills that they will acquire during the dogs life before they decide to get a new fur pal. It is your responsibility as a pup parent to ensure this pup has the best possible care. No pup deserves to suffer in anyway. If you can't afford to take care of this pup give him to someone who can. I'm sorry but this makes me sad and most certainly mad. Open bleeding sores, worms...come on, the poor thing.

It sounds to me like your dog's open sores are infested with maggots! You don't have any other choice except to get this dog to a Vet ASAP, as the maggots can cause a build up of toxins in your dog's body & blood, eventually leading to sepsis, organ failure and death.

You need to find a way to have your dog seen. If you are at least 18 and have decent credit, you may qualify for Care Credit (they offer no interest payment plans). If you are under 18, you may want to let your parents/guardians know about Care Credit. Otherwise, check with friends and relatives to see if they can lend you some money. You NEED to get this dog to a vet NOW!!!!

♥ Jack ♥

Take your dog to the vet. If you can't be a responsible dog owner than you shouldn't have a dog to begin with. At one time or another dogs need to be seen by a vet or did that slip your mind. Did you just think you would get a puppy and never think about what would happen it the dog got sick.

The sore sound like they have some kind of bugs ( probably maggots) and the only way to take care of it is to be seen by a vet!!!!

♥ Jack ♥ answered on 9/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer

If you absolutely can't afford to take the dog to a vet PLEASE give her to someone who can or surrender her to a rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you truly care for this dog, and you have no money for a vet, then take her to to the SPCA, or the Humane Society, or even your local Animal Services. You are torturing her right now because you can't take care of her. This is not what you want, right? If you love her, give her up.